Some of the criteria to consider:
- Is it energy efficient?
- Does it use innovative or alternative sources of energy?
- Is it minimally polluting?
- Does it minimize water use?
- Were green building materials used and construction waste minimized?
- Is the design innovative?
- Is it economically sustainable?
Sustainable practices within the facility’s operation – such as selection of suppliers, ingredients or packaging with a lower carbon footprint – also will be considered. So will the corporation’s commitment to sustainability. Quantifiable measures are essential.
The nominees are:
- Nestle Waters North America—Breinigsville, Pa.
- Kettle Foods—Beloit, Wis.
- Faribault Foods—Faribault, Minn.
- Contessa Premium Foods—Los Angeles, Calif.
Read descriptions of why these facilities should be our Green Plant of the Year and cast your vote here.
Honor the visionary food & beverage companies that are creating a sustainable future!