HHS, FDA, CDC Provide Social Media Tools for Ongoing Peanut-Containing Product Recalls
Widgets such as this one
According to the site, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are "working together to provide consumers and partners with social media tools to access information about the ongoing peanut butter and peanut-containing product recalls."
Social media tools available on the site include:
• Information on content syndication from the FDA and CDC's websites
• Widgets, such as the one shown on the left, that can be added to blogs or websites to provide up-to-the-minute recall information
• Podcasts containing current information about the salmonella outbreak
• Website graphics such as the one shown at right.
• XML-coded database which sites can use for their own recall databases.
Be sure to also check out the FDA's full list of recalled products at www.FoodProcessing.com/peanutrecall