Nestle Seeks Nominations for the Nestle Prize in CSV
Nestlé Prize in Creating Shared Value Overview:
- This biennial award is designed to encourage innovative ideas that make a positive impact in the areas of water, nutrition or rural development by an individual, non-governmental organization (NGO), or small business.
- The winner will receive an investment of up to CHF 500,000 (465,000 USD as of 7/29/09) for a specified period of time to assist in the development and scale-up of the innovation.
- Nominees must have proven the innovation on a small-scale, ensure it is applicable on a broader scale, and demonstrate a high promise of improving rural development, nutrition, access to clean water, or having a significant impact on water management.
- Nomination process is open from now until October 31, 2009 and the winner will be announced at the next Nestlé Forum on Creating Shared Value in April 2010
- The Nestlé Prize Screening Committee will judge the entries and select five finalists. The Advisory Board on Creating Shared Value will choose a winner.