Home » FoodChannel.com compiles top food trends of 2000-2009
FoodChannel.com compiles top food trends of 2000-2009
According to foodchannel.com editors, the biggest trends of the last decade (2000-2009) include:
Top 10 Trends Overall
- Gourmet Burgers made with Kobe or Angus Beef
- Superfruits such as Acai, Pomegranate and Blueberry
- Oils, such as olive oils and truffle oils
- Whole grains, such as Kashi, polenta, risotto
- Artisan foods, particularly in breads, cheeses and dark chocolates
- Coffees, teas
- Green tea
- Dark Chocolate
- Organic foods, along with Locavore and Community Supported Agriculture
- International Cuisines
- Food TV and Internet
- Food Safety
- The Economy and subsequent shift to home cooking
- Fast casual restaurant concepts
- Fair trade and Artisan concepts in bread, chocolates, cheeses
- Mobility/Social Media/Twitter notifications/Underground dining
- Culinary education
- Food bloggers
- The local farmer
- Celebrity Chefs in general: Rick Bayless, Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri, Emeril Lagasse, Gordon Ramsey, Giada De Laurentiis, Mario Batali, Alton Brown, Tyler Florence, Jaime Oliver, Ina Garten
- Julia Child/Julie Powell
- The home cook
- Grant Achatz
- Alice Waters
- Thomas Keller
- Martha Stewart
- The local restaurant chef
Happy Family Bought by Groupe Danone
Dannon parent acquires 92 percent of seven-year-old toddler food company.
Anuga 2013: A Taste of Global Innovations Set to Take Place October 5-9
The huge global food show will be October 5-9 in Cologne, Germany.
Vermont Passes Genetic Labeling Bill
The Vermont House of Representatives approved H.112 on May 10. The bill will go to the senate next in fall 2013. If passed, the earliest the act could become law is January 2014.
GMO Labeling Effort Reaches Washington
Senate and House bills would require the FDA to develop regulations for the labeling of food containing bioengineered ingredients.
Burger King CEO To Take Over at Heinz
Bernardo Hees of 3G Capital is new CEO of Pittsburgh acquisition.
The New Hostess Company Resumes Operations
The Metropolous-Apollo-controlled company plans to reopen four plants and hire workers, but not union labor.
- 04/19/2013 Cheesemaker, Restaurant Chain Hold Mac and Cheese Cookoff
- 04/19/2013 Restaurant Chain That Also Supplies School Lunches Goes Trans Fat-Free
$10 Billion Offer for D.E Master Blenders 1753
Former part of Sara Lee eyed by European fund Joh. A. Benckiser.
Pinnacle Foods Goes Public
Blackstone Group sells 32 percent of Pinnacle Foods into stock market.
- All news »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »