Culinary Trust Announces Scholarship Program for the 2010-2011 Academic Year
Scholarship selection is based on merit, foodservice work experience, culinary goals, skills and references. In order to qualify:
- Applicants to vocational, associates or bachelors degree scholarships do not need to have foodservice experience unless required for admission to the program of study.
- Applicants to continuing education & advanced degree scholarships must have two-years of foodservice or related industry experience.
- Applicants to vocational, associates and bachelors degree and continuing education scholarships are required to submit a two-page essay (double-spaced) illustrating their culinary goals. Applicants to independent study scholarships will provide a three page project proposal in place of the essay.
- Applicants, who have been students at any time during the five-years prior to application, must have a 3.0 grade-point-average (GPA) or higher and provide a transcript.
- All applicants are required to submit two letters of professional reference on business or personal letterhead.
- Independent research scholarship applicants must submit a project proposal with a budget, tentative travel dates and current resume.
The scholarships are valid from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 (unless otherwise noted in the 2010-2011 Scholarship Program Listing) and applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2010.
Applicants may visit The Culinary Trust’s Web site at http://www.theculinarytrust.org/ to download the 2010-2011 Scholarship Program Listing which provides complete details for all available awards, and the 2010-2011 Scholarship Application. Applications may also be received by contacting The Culinary Trust by mail at PO Box 273 New York, NY 10013, by phone or fax at 646.224.6989, or by email at email@example.com.