Home » United Fresh Produce Association Announces Best New Product Finalists
United Fresh Produce Association Announces Best New Product Finalists
Twenty-nine of the top new products in the produce industry will compete in six categories for the title of Best New Product at United Fresh 2010, April 20-23 in Las Vegas, Nev. The United Fresh Produce Association presents the awards each year at its annual convention and expo.
Products will be on display in the United Fresh Membership Booth on the show floor, where they will be judged by all attendees throughout the show. Winners will be determined by total votes received as of 2:00 p.m. April 22, and will be announced approximately one hour later after tabulation.
This year’s finalists are:
Best New Packaging
* Fresh Express Artisanal Salads, Chiquita Brands
* Renewable Wide-Flange Container and Lidding Film, Clear-Lam Packaging, Inc.
* Pack-in-MAP Technology, Pack-in-MAP Technology
* Tamper-Resistant Rectangles, PWP Industries
* RunRite Clamshells, Sambrailo Packaging
Best New Food Safety Solution
* SISTEM 4.0, Alchemy Systems
* FlashLink VU, DeltaTRAK, Inc.
* FieldPack PTI, TraceGains, Inc.
* VoiceCode, HarvestMark
Best New Processing Equipment
* FogTunnel Produce Treatment System, AgSolutions, Inc.
* Fresh-Cut Accessories, Charlie’s Machine and Supply, Inc.
* CARR-O-CUT, Everett Brothers Engineering, Ltd.
* In-Crate Washing and Drying System, FTNON USA, Inc.
* OnCore Lettuce Core Removal System, Key Technology, Inc.
* Automatic Multi-Decorer Titano 2010, Turatti SRL
Best New Fruit Product
* Grab N Go Grape Tomato Bags, Andrew & Williamson
* Chiquita Fresh & Ready Avocados, Chiquita Brands
* Del Monte CRT Single Finger Banana, Del Monte Fresh Produce Company
* Ready To Eat Mimi Candy Tomatoes, Mastronardi Produce/Sunset
* Ready Snax Fresh Fruit Parfaits!, Ready Pac Produce
* Dipping Chocolates, Tropical Nut & Fruit
Best New Packing/Packaging Equipment
* Primus Optical Sorter, Best Sorting
* Ultra Bagger (Girbagger) Bagging Machine, Giro Pack
* MacroTote, Macro Plastics
* MCT Absorbent Pouch Filling System, Maxwell Chase Technologies
* 6428 RPC, Polymer Logistics
Best New Vegetable Product
* Ready Pac Bistro Seasonal Salads – Italiano & Waldorf, Ready Pac Produce
* Jade Asian Greens, San Miguel Produce
* Simply Special Vegetable Sauces, USA Fresh, LLC
Happy Family Bought by Groupe Danone
Dannon parent acquires 92 percent of seven-year-old toddler food company.
Anuga 2013: A Taste of Global Innovations Set to Take Place October 5-9
The huge global food show will be October 5-9 in Cologne, Germany.
Vermont Passes Genetic Labeling Bill
The Vermont House of Representatives approved H.112 on May 10. The bill will go to the senate next in fall 2013. If passed, the earliest the act could become law is January 2014.
GMO Labeling Effort Reaches Washington
Senate and House bills would require the FDA to develop regulations for the labeling of food containing bioengineered ingredients.
Burger King CEO To Take Over at Heinz
Bernardo Hees of 3G Capital is new CEO of Pittsburgh acquisition.
The New Hostess Company Resumes Operations
The Metropolous-Apollo-controlled company plans to reopen four plants and hire workers, but not union labor.
- 04/19/2013 Cheesemaker, Restaurant Chain Hold Mac and Cheese Cookoff
- 04/19/2013 Restaurant Chain That Also Supplies School Lunches Goes Trans Fat-Free
$10 Billion Offer for D.E Master Blenders 1753
Former part of Sara Lee eyed by European fund Joh. A. Benckiser.
Pinnacle Foods Goes Public
Blackstone Group sells 32 percent of Pinnacle Foods into stock market.
- All news »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »