ConAgra Foods Announces Sustainability Goals
ConAgra Foods' Sustainability Goals for 2015 include:
- Greenhouse gas emissions: Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 20 percent per pound of product produced as compared to 2008 emissions.
- Water: Reduce wateruse by 15 percent per pound of product produced as compared to 2008 water use.
- Solid waste: Divert solid waste from landfills by at least 75 percent as compared to 2011 levels.
- Packaging: As compared to 2008, the company will: (a) reduce packaging by 10 percent per pound of product produced, (b) increase the amount of packaging made of renewable resources from 45 percent to more than 50 percent, and (c) increase the use of recycled content in packaging overall by 25 percent.
- Supply chain engagement: Encourage continuous improvement of the supply chain in the areas of energy, water, materials and waste. Work with growers to further enhance sustainable farming practices that optimize yield while improving land stewardship.