Home » NSF International Announces 2010 Food Safety Leadership Award Winners
NSF International Announces 2010 Food Safety Leadership Award Winners
Each year, NSF solicits nominations from throughout the food safety community and convenes an independent panel of food safety experts from academia, industry and the regulatory community to select the winners. Nominations are evaluated on creativity, innovation, design and the contributions made to the advancement of food safety. This year, six individuals or organizations will be recognized in the categories of outstanding innovation in: "Training," "Equipment Design," "System Improvement," and "Education."
The 2010 Food Safety Leadership Award Winners:
- Innovation in Training, California Strawberry Commission Food Safety Team
- Innovation in Equipment Design, FoodSafe Team, Intralox
- Innovation in System Improvement, Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu
- Innovation in System Improvement, Southern Nevada Health District
- Innovation in Education, William Marler, Managing Partner, Marler Clark, LLP, PS
- Innovation in Education, Catherine H. Strohbehn, Ph.D, RD, CP-FS, Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management (HRIM) Extension Specialist and Adjunct Associate Professor, Iowa State University
Happy Family Bought by Groupe Danone
Dannon parent acquires 92 percent of seven-year-old toddler food company.
Anuga 2013: A Taste of Global Innovations Set to Take Place October 5-9
The huge global food show will be October 5-9 in Cologne, Germany.
Vermont Passes Genetic Labeling Bill
The Vermont House of Representatives approved H.112 on May 10. The bill will go to the senate next in fall 2013. If passed, the earliest the act could become law is January 2014.
GMO Labeling Effort Reaches Washington
Senate and House bills would require the FDA to develop regulations for the labeling of food containing bioengineered ingredients.
Burger King CEO To Take Over at Heinz
Bernardo Hees of 3G Capital is new CEO of Pittsburgh acquisition.
The New Hostess Company Resumes Operations
The Metropolous-Apollo-controlled company plans to reopen four plants and hire workers, but not union labor.
- 04/19/2013 Cheesemaker, Restaurant Chain Hold Mac and Cheese Cookoff
- 04/19/2013 Restaurant Chain That Also Supplies School Lunches Goes Trans Fat-Free
$10 Billion Offer for D.E Master Blenders 1753
Former part of Sara Lee eyed by European fund Joh. A. Benckiser.
Pinnacle Foods Goes Public
Blackstone Group sells 32 percent of Pinnacle Foods into stock market.
- All news »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »