Home » Mintel Reports: Consumers Want Processors to Disclose High Fructose Corn Syrup Usage
Mintel Reports: Consumers Want Processors to Disclose High Fructose Corn Syrup Usage
also cited: mintel.com
Market researchers at Mintel are reporting that 65% of consumers believe manufacturers or brands themselves should be responsible for disclosing how much HFCS a food or drink contains.
Mintel also reported that as far as survey respondents were concerned:
- 57% believe it should be up to the government to force company disclosure of the amount of HFCS a food or beverage contains
- 44% state retailers should mandate disclosure
- 6% think disclosure should not be forced at all
- 37% say no one should be responsible for imposing restrictions on how much HFCS can be in any given food or drink product
- 35% believe the government should limit HFCS content
- 45% think it should be up to manufacturers
As far as if HFCS/Corn Sugar is healthy, or okay in moderation, of the respondents asked:
- 64% think HFCS is okay in moderation
- 46% say they really don’t know enough about HFCS to know if it is good or bad for their health
- 35% of survey respondents avoid products that list HFCS as any ingredient
United Fresh Produce Association Reports on 2013 Produce Industry Compensation
Produce industry executives see a 2.9 percent increase in salary according to the Compensation and Benefits Report released by the United Fresh Produce Association.
Lactalis American-Parmalat Deal Altered
Amidst investigation, $144 million cut in purchase price.
Compensation Study Reveals Food and Beverage Company CEO Pay
Irene Rosenfeld leads the food and beverage execs, as long-term, performance-based incentives replace upfront pay.
Murdock Offers to Take Dole Private, Again
Chairman/CEO’s offer values company at $1 billion.
New Management Team at Day-Lee Foods
Plan for aggressive growth.
PepsiCo-Muller Joint Venture Yogurt Plant Opens
Muller Quaker Dairy comes on line in Batavia, N.Y.; hoping for LEED certification.
JBS Acquires U.S. Operations of XL Foods
A running plant in Omaha, idle one in Nampa.
FDA Seeking New Industry User FeesFrom Special to ThePacker.com
Food manufacturers disagree with the FDA's suggestion to add a food processing facility registration fee.
Tyson Buys Mexican Food-Maker Circle Foods
The acquisition fortifies Tyson's value-added and Mexican portfolios.
Chinese Poultry Plant Fire Kills 119
Ammonia leak apparently sparked explosion.
- All news »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »