Home » Only One Smucker is CEO
Only One Smucker is CEO
J. M. Smucker Co, Orrville, Ohio, announced in March a number of executive appointments. Foremost was that, effective Aug. 16, Richard Smucker will become the sole CEO of the company. He has shared that title with brother Timothy Smucker, who then will continue as chairman of the board.
Other appointments and realignment of responsibilities are effective May 1:
- Vincent Byrd will assume the role of president and COO, with responsibility for the company's U.S. retail businesses. He has 34 years at Smucker and currently is president of U.S. Retail Coffee.
- Mark Smucker will take over as president of U.S. Retail Coffee. He is president of special markets.
- Paul Smucker Wagstaff becomes president of U.S. retail consumer foods, a newly consolidated business area combining the current consumer Smucker's, Jif and Hungry Jack businesses with the oils and baking business.
- Steven Oakland, current president of Smucker's, Jif and Hungry Jack, will become president of international, foodservice and natural foods.
- Barry Dunaway, senior vice president of corporate and organization development, will be senior vice president and chief administrative officer, overseeing human resources, legal, corporate development and information services departments.
- Mark Belgya will continue as senior VP and chief financial officer (CFO), but adding responsibility for internal audit.
The company said the moves are “consistent with the company's long-term succession planning and development of family leadership.”
Happy Family Bought by Groupe Danone
Dannon parent acquires 92 percent of seven-year-old toddler food company.
Anuga 2013: A Taste of Global Innovations Set to Take Place October 5-9
The huge global food show will be October 5-9 in Cologne, Germany.
Vermont Passes Genetic Labeling Bill
The Vermont House of Representatives approved H.112 on May 10. The bill will go to the senate next in fall 2013. If passed, the earliest the act could become law is January 2014.
GMO Labeling Effort Reaches Washington
Senate and House bills would require the FDA to develop regulations for the labeling of food containing bioengineered ingredients.
Burger King CEO To Take Over at Heinz
Bernardo Hees of 3G Capital is new CEO of Pittsburgh acquisition.
The New Hostess Company Resumes Operations
The Metropolous-Apollo-controlled company plans to reopen four plants and hire workers, but not union labor.
- 04/19/2013 Cheesemaker, Restaurant Chain Hold Mac and Cheese Cookoff
- 04/19/2013 Restaurant Chain That Also Supplies School Lunches Goes Trans Fat-Free
$10 Billion Offer for D.E Master Blenders 1753
Former part of Sara Lee eyed by European fund Joh. A. Benckiser.
Pinnacle Foods Goes Public
Blackstone Group sells 32 percent of Pinnacle Foods into stock market.
- All news »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »