Home » General Mills Announces 2011 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
General Mills Announces 2011 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Highlights of the 2011 report include:
- A Packaging Metric – By 2015, General Mills plans to have 40 percent of its global product volume sold in packaging that has been improved over the last five years.
- Health Improvements - The company improved the health profile of products comprising nearly 25 percent of its U.S. Retail sales volume in 2010.
- Increased commitment to environmental sustainability – The company built its first biomass burner and installed solar panels at its first U.S. facility thereby producing much of its own electricity from the sun.
To read the full report, visit http://www.csr.generalmills.com/
Campbell to Acquire Plum Organics
No. 2 organic baby food company moves Campbell in a new direction.
PepsiCo Stock Hits 32-Year High, but Why?
Decent first quarter but also investment firms buys a big stake.
Happy Family Bought by Groupe Danone
Dannon parent acquires 92 percent of seven-year-old toddler food company.
Anuga 2013: A Taste of Global Innovations Set to Take Place October 5-9
The huge global food show will be October 5-9 in Cologne, Germany.
Vermont Passes Genetic Labeling Bill
The Vermont House of Representatives approved H.112 on May 10. The bill will go to the senate next in fall 2013. If passed, the earliest the act could become law is January 2014.
GMO Labeling Effort Reaches Washington
Senate and House bills would require the FDA to develop regulations for the labeling of food containing bioengineered ingredients.
Burger King CEO To Take Over at Heinz
Bernardo Hees of 3G Capital is new CEO of Pittsburgh acquisition.
The New Hostess Company Resumes Operations
The Metropolous-Apollo-controlled company plans to reopen four plants and hire workers, but not union labor.
- 04/19/2013 Cheesemaker, Restaurant Chain Hold Mac and Cheese Cookoff
- 04/19/2013 Restaurant Chain That Also Supplies School Lunches Goes Trans Fat-Free
- All news »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »