Home » McCormick Announces 2013 Flavor Forecast
McCormick Announces 2013 Flavor Forecast
By Food Processing Staff
McCormick & Company revealed its 13th annual Flavor Forecast Report on December 6. The report spotlights the flavor trends that the company expects will drive innovation over the next several years.
The report is created by a team of McCormick chefs, sensory scientists, dietitians, trend trackers, marketing experts and food technologists. The forecast team has identified five trends McCormick believes will drive new product development. Also offered are 10 flavor combinations that show how these trends can be used.
The 2013 flavor trends are:
- No Apologies Necessary – Diving headfirst into sumptuous flavors to enjoy the gratification of a momentary escape
- Decadent Bitter Chocolate, Sweet Basil & Passion Fruit – An intensely indulgent combo that delights all the senses
- Black Rum, Charred Orange & Allspice – An instant tropical getaway, this sultry collision balances richness and warmth
- Personally Handcrafted – A hands-on approach showcasing the very best of ourselves
- Cider, Sage & Molasses – Rustic and comforting, this combo brings natural goodness to every meal of the day
- Smoked Tomato, Rosemary, Chile Peppers & Sweet Onion – Smoky, sweet and spicy flavors energize handcrafted ketchup, sauces, jams and more
- Empowered Eating – Creating health and wellness harmony through a highly personalized, flexible approach
- Farro Grain, Blackberry & Clove – Healthy ancient grain rediscovered with powerful hits of fruit and spice
- Market-Fresh Broccoli & Dukkah (blend of cumin, coriander, sesame and nuts) – Satisfying flavors and textures, mixing unexpected varieties of broccoli with Middle Eastern spice blends
- Hidden Potential – A waste-not mentality, uncovering the fullest flavors from every last part of the ingredient
- Hearty Meat Cuts, Plantain & Stick Cinnamon – A new take on meat and potatoes, these ingredients inspire creative approaches that unlock their full flavor potential
- Artichoke, Paprika & Hazelnut – Ingredients you thought you knew invite new explorations, unleashing their deliciously versatile starring qualities
- "Global My Way" - Describes how people are discovering formerly “ethnic” ingredients beyond their traditional uses.
- Japanese Katsu Sauce & Oregano – Tangy flavors of BBQ and steak sauce create the next go-to condiment
- Anise & Cajeta (Mexican caramel sauce) – Sweet, rich delight transports desserts and savory dishes to new places
Happy Family Bought by Groupe Danone
Dannon parent acquires 92 percent of seven-year-old toddler food company.
Anuga 2013: A Taste of Global Innovations Set to Take Place October 5-9
The huge global food show will be October 5-9 in Cologne, Germany.
Vermont Passes Genetic Labeling Bill
The Vermont House of Representatives approved H.112 on May 10. The bill will go to the senate next in fall 2013. If passed, the earliest the act could become law is January 2014.
GMO Labeling Effort Reaches Washington
Senate and House bills would require the FDA to develop regulations for the labeling of food containing bioengineered ingredients.
Burger King CEO To Take Over at Heinz
Bernardo Hees of 3G Capital is new CEO of Pittsburgh acquisition.
The New Hostess Company Resumes Operations
The Metropolous-Apollo-controlled company plans to reopen four plants and hire workers, but not union labor.
- 04/19/2013 Cheesemaker, Restaurant Chain Hold Mac and Cheese Cookoff
- 04/19/2013 Restaurant Chain That Also Supplies School Lunches Goes Trans Fat-Free
$10 Billion Offer for D.E Master Blenders 1753
Former part of Sara Lee eyed by European fund Joh. A. Benckiser.
Pinnacle Foods Goes Public
Blackstone Group sells 32 percent of Pinnacle Foods into stock market.
- All news »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »