Home » McCormick Announces 2013 Flavor Forecast
McCormick Announces 2013 Flavor Forecast
By Food Processing Staff
McCormick & Company revealed its 13th annual Flavor Forecast Report on December 6. The report spotlights the flavor trends that the company expects will drive innovation over the next several years.
The report is created by a team of McCormick chefs, sensory scientists, dietitians, trend trackers, marketing experts and food technologists. The forecast team has identified five trends McCormick believes will drive new product development. Also offered are 10 flavor combinations that show how these trends can be used.
The 2013 flavor trends are:
- No Apologies Necessary – Diving headfirst into sumptuous flavors to enjoy the gratification of a momentary escape
- Decadent Bitter Chocolate, Sweet Basil & Passion Fruit – An intensely indulgent combo that delights all the senses
- Black Rum, Charred Orange & Allspice – An instant tropical getaway, this sultry collision balances richness and warmth
- Personally Handcrafted – A hands-on approach showcasing the very best of ourselves
- Cider, Sage & Molasses – Rustic and comforting, this combo brings natural goodness to every meal of the day
- Smoked Tomato, Rosemary, Chile Peppers & Sweet Onion – Smoky, sweet and spicy flavors energize handcrafted ketchup, sauces, jams and more
- Empowered Eating – Creating health and wellness harmony through a highly personalized, flexible approach
- Farro Grain, Blackberry & Clove – Healthy ancient grain rediscovered with powerful hits of fruit and spice
- Market-Fresh Broccoli & Dukkah (blend of cumin, coriander, sesame and nuts) – Satisfying flavors and textures, mixing unexpected varieties of broccoli with Middle Eastern spice blends
- Hidden Potential – A waste-not mentality, uncovering the fullest flavors from every last part of the ingredient
- Hearty Meat Cuts, Plantain & Stick Cinnamon – A new take on meat and potatoes, these ingredients inspire creative approaches that unlock their full flavor potential
- Artichoke, Paprika & Hazelnut – Ingredients you thought you knew invite new explorations, unleashing their deliciously versatile starring qualities
- "Global My Way" - Describes how people are discovering formerly “ethnic” ingredients beyond their traditional uses.
- Japanese Katsu Sauce & Oregano – Tangy flavors of BBQ and steak sauce create the next go-to condiment
- Anise & Cajeta (Mexican caramel sauce) – Sweet, rich delight transports desserts and savory dishes to new places
United Fresh Produce Association Reports on 2013 Produce Industry Compensation
Produce industry executives see a 2.9 percent increase in salary according to the Compensation and Benefits Report released by the United Fresh Produce Association.
Lactalis American-Parmalat Deal Altered
Amidst investigation, $144 million cut in purchase price.
Compensation Study Reveals Food and Beverage Company CEO Pay
Irene Rosenfeld leads the food and beverage execs, as long-term, performance-based incentives replace upfront pay.
Murdock Offers to Take Dole Private, Again
Chairman/CEO’s offer values company at $1 billion.
New Management Team at Day-Lee Foods
Plan for aggressive growth.
PepsiCo-Muller Joint Venture Yogurt Plant Opens
Muller Quaker Dairy comes on line in Batavia, N.Y.; hoping for LEED certification.
JBS Acquires U.S. Operations of XL Foods
A running plant in Omaha, idle one in Nampa.
FDA Seeking New Industry User FeesFrom Special to ThePacker.com
Food manufacturers disagree with the FDA's suggestion to add a food processing facility registration fee.
Tyson Buys Mexican Food-Maker Circle Foods
The acquisition fortifies Tyson's value-added and Mexican portfolios.
Chinese Poultry Plant Fire Kills 119
Ammonia leak apparently sparked explosion.
- All news »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »