Wixon Inc. has introduced 12 new flavors designed for consumers seeking food to connect with their mood.
“Our research indicates that as consumers get more adventurous in their tasting experiences, they also want flavors that recall a certain experience or trigger an emotion,” said Wixon Flavor Chemist Mindy Edwards.
“The connection between food and mood is well documented, and whether people are feeling a little down, or whether they are celebrating, it’s natural to turn to food for a lift,” she said. “With that in mind, Wixon has created flavor combinations that appeal to a variety of moods.”
Featured moods and their flavor/seasoning blends include:
- Naughty – Chipotle flavor and pepper combined with sour cream and buttermilk, touched with pepper, onion, garlic, and parsley
- Excited – A combination of mustards enhanced with the sweetness of honey and brown sugar and topped with bacon flavors and spices
- Angry – Blend of mustards and wasabi powder enhanced with pepper and parsley
- On Vacation – Blend of lemon and lime with a touch of tartness
- Cheerful – Sweetness of vanilla, brown sugar, and marshmallow flavor combined with spices of pumpkin pie
- Blissful – Brown sugar, vanilla, and apple flavors combined with winter spices
- Content – Blend of cinnamon, ginger, and tea flavor
- Playful – Combination of onion, garlic, and peppers with lime and tomato flavors
- Adventurous – Maple flavor combined with several peppers and a touch of smoked paprika
- Sassy – Mixture of mustard powders, bacon flavors, and spices
- Happy – A warm and aromatic blend of cinnamon and other spices that will put a smile on your face
- Relaxed – Perfect blend of citrus flavors, mint, and lavender