“Our goal is to make relevant supply chain information available to business decision makers across the enterprise, which requires flexible supply chain software with built-in performance management capabilities,” said Mike Edenfield, president and CEO of Logility. “Logility Voyager Solutions 7.5 feature robust, collaborative web-based functionality to help companies more easily support a demand-driven supply chain, one focused on improving productivity, reducing costs and increasing perfect orders.”
Enhanced performance management capabilities are embedded across all areas of Logility Voyager Solutions. Additional functionality by business process area includes:
- Demand Chain Planning, which spans demand management, life cycle and inventory planning, enables companies to use key performance indicators (KPIs) to better manage supply chain performance and share forecasts and replenishment plans with customers, suppliers and logistics partners.
- Web-based forecast management provides increased flexibility to display dynamic, multidimensional views for aggregating and disaggregating items such as multiple planning hierarchies and simultaneous views, at both detail and summary levels, to interactively analyze demand plans for single items or groups of items.
- Enhanced forecast modeling capabilities offer a single panel display of all pertinent forecast information to help users easily run multiple simulations, create custom arrays derived from packaged planning models and conduct flexible what-if scenario comparisons.
- Enhanced event-driven demand forecasting controls the recalculation of the forecast based on defined business parameters such as units, price, and/or costs, and improves processing performance while increasing scalability.
- Expanded life cycle planning simplifies profile creation by using attributes to group a pool of items, allows for realignment of historical demand and automates assignment of profiles to records using advanced testing techniques.
- Time-phased safety stock methods automatically align inventory investments and desired service levels with seasonality factors, assigning a high service level during peak periods and a lower service level during slower periods.
- Supply Chain Planning optimizes material, inventory, production, sourcing and distribution assets.
Load optimization helps fill shipments from an initial supply plan with automated rules for increasing/decreasing item quantities in a shipment and pooling multiple shipping and/or receiving points to maximize full container shipments.
Shelf life enables optimization to allocate inventory to meet customer-specific shelf life requirements and reduce the waste of perishable or distressed inventory.
Expanded coverage of plant level KPIs and alerts includes the ability to compare plan versus actual performance for production schedule attainment. The KPIs span and monitor multiple manufacturing plan scenarios.
Enhanced optimization techniques consider time-phased resource variability to improve overall manufacturing efficiency.
Transportation Planning and Management is designed to elevate a company’s logistics operations to a new level of operational efficiency by offering enhanced many-to-many optimization and automatic re-optimization to replan unshipped loads.
Shipment Planning enhancements include advanced optimization for many-to-many and multi-stop deliveries; load planning based on specific dock identification, date and time support for pickup and delivery to improve scheduling accuracy; and automatic re-optimization to dynamically position new orders into the transportation plan.
Shipment Execution offers expanded track and trace support for multi-segment, multi-modal shipments.
- Built-in RFID Support for shipping/receiving compliance at the carton, pallet, container and item level helps customers implement or upgrade warehouse operations quickly; limits custom integration; delivers more immediate benefits; and lays the foundation for future expansion of RFID to supply chain planning applications.
- Warehouse Management enhancements include consolidation in order shipping; unit splitting for improved workflow efficiency; dynamic allocation from containers; advanced shipment planning and automatic shipment notice (ASN) receipt; and more flexible picking/putaway workflows.
- Easy comparison of multiple demand and supply plans through the consolidation of up to 80 different data arrays to aid interactive on-line collaboration, graphic views of time series data on one screen and a single view of the business that spans disparate enterprise systems.
- Support for both internal and external collaboration (S&OP, CPFR, Collaborative Transportation Management).
- Flexible units of measure let users select a preference for item quantity, product family, packaging, pricing, cost and territories.
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) supports standard enterprise-wide security management via LDAP-compliant directory systems such as Microsoft Active Directory, IBM Tivoli Directory Server and Novell eDirectory.
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »