The Waters Micromass GCT Premier orthogonal acceleration time-of-flight (oa-TOF) GC mass spectrometer combines the proven elevated resolution and exact mass performance of the classic GCT mass spectrometer, with the added benefit of extended dynamic range. This unmatched combination of capabilities (in addition to the high full scan sensitivity and rapid spectral acquisition rates) is ideal for full characterization and profiling of components in a whole range of sample types – including food, flavor and fragrance analysis, metabolomic and metabonomic studies, multi-residue screening in fruit and vegetables, unknown contaminant monitoring, material emissions monitoring and natural products research.
The GCT Premier’s exact mass measurement capability, which leads to elemental composition determination, offers another dimension over traditional GC/MS for the structural elucidation of unknown compounds in a sample and in the confirmation of the identity and concentration of known compounds. In addition, the GCT Premier optimizes a number of performance attributes for higher throughput, selectivity and specificity, increased sensitivity, and improved usability and data interpretation for the highest confidence in your results.
New features include:
- Faster spectral acquisition rates: 20 scans/sec. enabling narrow chromatographic peaks to be accommodated and enhancing the performance of spectral deconvolution routines;
- Increased dynamic range: Up to four orders of magnitude, maximizing information from a single analysis;
- Elevated resolution: 7,000 FWHM, better than any other instrument in its class;
- Confident exact mass measurement: Sub-5 ppm RMS with internal lock mass correction;
- High sensitivity: High duty cycle compared to scanning instruments providing low- and sub-picogram sensitivity with full spectra;
- High spectral sampling rate: Ion beam sampled up to 25,000 times per second eliminating spectral skew associated with traditional scanning instruments.
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »