Benchtop analyzer receives an upgrade
Arizona Instrument announced the release of the next generation of benchtop moisture and ash analyzers, the Computrac MAX 5000XL. The MAX 5000XL advances moisture and ash analysis with a temperature controlled balance and a high temperature lift compensation algorithm that provides users with more stable and accurate measurements. The instrument also features a temperature ramp control feature that allows the MAX 5000XL to be used for qualitative analyses that were previously only possible using a thermogravimetric analyzer (TGA).
The MAX 5000XL features the same intuitive user interface and rugged design as its predecessor, the MAX 5000. Improvements to the design and high temperature performance of the balance system of the MAX 5000XL make it possible to accurately analyze materials with ash concentrations of as little as 0.5%. The calibrated, instrument specific, high temperature lift compensation algorithm replaces the static lift compensation factor of previous models, resulting in more precise readings during ash/L.O.I. analyses.
The temperature ramp control feature of the MAX 5000XL allows the user to capture the weight loss of a sample during a precisely controlled temperature change. Information gained from this test is similar to a scan performed by a more expensive thermogravimetric analyzer. This feature effectively transforms the MAX 5000XL into a dual use instrument capable of quantitatively testing for moisture and ash and qualitatively testing for the presence of certain organic or inorganic ingredients, and the degradation temperature of the material under test.
- Pick Heaters Offers Pilot-Scale and Production-Scale 3A Sanitary Heaters
- Flexicon Offers Flexi-Disc Tubular Cable Conveyors
- Brookfield Engineering Offers 90° Peel Fixture
- Hinds-Bock Pie Depositing Machinery Handles Entire Range of Pies
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »