X-ray inspection system detects contaminants in cans
Mettler-Toledo Safeline introduces its CanChek x-ray inspection system. With multi-beam technology and new adaptive filtering software, the CanChek system offers detection sensitivity and is able to identify a wide range of foreign bodies. For manufacturers in sectors such as baby food, canned fruit and vegetables, processed meat and fish, ready meals, soups, snacks and canned desserts, the CanChek system assures complete brand protection.
Using a typical traditional vertical beam inspection system, the densest areas of the can — the top, base and sidewalls — appear on the operator screen as dark, elongated edges. Contaminants lying next to the sidewalls or flat on the bottom of the can are extremely difficult to identify because they are also shown as dark, elongated shapes. This compromises product safety and quality. Using a horizontal multi-beam system, the CanChek inspects the cross section of the can. Due to the angle of the beams, contaminants are pulled away from the sidewalls, increasing visibility in at least one of the x-ray images. This dramatically increases sensitivity and the probability of detection.
Despite its high accuracy and sensitivity, CanChek can inspect 1200 cans per minute. Variable speed detection capability allows changes in line speed without interrupting inspection, thereby increasing productivity.
- Pick Heaters Offers Pilot-Scale and Production-Scale 3A Sanitary Heaters
- Flexicon Offers Flexi-Disc Tubular Cable Conveyors
- Brookfield Engineering Offers 90° Peel Fixture
- Hinds-Bock Pie Depositing Machinery Handles Entire Range of Pies
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »