Introduce your children to premium organic foods before they even learn how to hold a spoon
Excluding mass merchandisers such as Wal-Mart, the baby and toddler foods market is currently estimated at $3.5 billion. The overall baby food market grew to $3.76 billion in 2007, up 3.1 percent over 2006. The organic baby food category — alone valued at $116 million — has seen tremendous growth, 65 percent since 2003, with future growth projections of 20 percent per year.
New York-based Petite Palate was co-founded by Lisa Beels and Christine Naylor, both professionally trained chefs with young children, who began preparing baby food from scratch as an alternative to buying jarred foods. They created a line of gourmet, organic baby food that took the New York-region stroller set by storm. It is now available nationally on Amazon.com. Babies all over the country can enjoy the benefits of premium, organic food, delivered directly to their homes.
Available in six varieties — Spinach Potato Puree, Apple Pear Blend, Puree of Yams, Banana Peach Blend, Lentil Trio and Split Pea Stew — this gourmet line has something for every baby’s developing taste buds, including special touches such as ginger, vanilla and thyme — but no salt. Now moms and babies can say goodbye to bland-tasting baby food. Meats will be launched later this year.
Petite Palate’s meals are flash-frozen immediately after they are prepared, which allows the food to maintain its original nutritional content while sustaining the shelf life (frozen) up to one year. They are uniquely packaged in individual, four-ounce paper cups — the only premium, gourmet frozen organic baby food sold in that form. This environmentally friendly packaging results in minimal waste.
“The overwhelming response from moms who appreciate the nutritional value of organic baby food persuaded Amazon to make Petite Palate available to families nationwide,” says Naylor. “Babies should be nourished with delicious, wholesome food and we are making that possible no matter where in the country they live,” adds Beels.
Phone: (877) 772-5283
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »