Microwavable rice brings the Big Easy to your dinner plate
Uncle Ben’s, Carson, Calif., part of Mars Food US, rolls out the latest addition to its Ready Rice line with Cajun Style Ready Rice — a blend of long grain rice, Cajun seasonings, red beans and bell peppers that combine the excitement of Mardi Gras and the classic flavor of New Orleans.
From microwave to the plate in only 90 seconds, Cajun Style Ready Rice contains zero trans fats, no preservatives or added MSG, no artificial colors or flavors and is an excellent source of thiamin, niacin and folate.
“Uncle Ben’s Cajun Style Ready Rice celebrates the southern heritage of the Uncle Ben’s brand as well as the rich tradition of one of America’s greatest cities, New Orleans,” says Bryan Crowley, vice president of marketing and sales for Mars Food US. “Cajun Style Ready Rice continues our legacy of providing consumers with rice that is convenient, flavorful, nutritious and easy to prepare.”
All Ready Rice and Ready Whole Grain Medleys now include a Cool Touch feature on their packaging. This feature offers an enlarged handling area that stays cool after it is heated in the microwave. “This is a small change, but very important because it enhances the consumers’ experience with our Uncle Ben’s products,” says Crowley.
Phone: (800) 548-6253
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ