Dessert-inspired yogurt offers great taste with fewer calories
Traditional meal patterns are rapidly changing, according to the latest National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES). On average, Americans are snacking more than twice a day and are consuming more than 240 calories per snack. Given this fact, consumers would benefit from snacks that can satisfy a craving and provide important nutrients without a lot of calories.
Minneapolis-based General Mills rolls out three new Yoplait Light varieties: Strawberry Shortcake, Raspberry Cheesecake and Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. They deliver sweet cake flavors with a better-for-you, fat-free bonus to the yogurt aisle.
Each flavor is a healthful alternative to higher-calorie dessert choices. For example, one six-ounce cup of Yoplait Light Pineapple Upside-Down Cake yogurt contains 110 calories and zero grams of fat. Compare that to a slice of traditional Pineapple Upside-Down Cake from the bakery or dessert menu, which delivers on average 367 calories and 14 grams of fat. In addition, each serving of Yoplait Light contains 20% of the RDA of calcium and vitamin D.
"No matter how you slice it, the rich and creamy flavors of Yoplait Light will help health-conscious consumers enjoy everyday indulgences without the guilt," says Susanne Prucha of Yoplait marketing. "Here's proof that it is possible to have your cake and eat it, too!"
P.O. Box 9452
Minneapolis, MN 55440 (see map)
Phone: (800) 967-5248
Fax: (763) 764-8330
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »