Assorted handcrafted chocolates make a sweet political statement
Are you working for a Presidential candidate, or do you want to make a statement about where you stand politically? If so, the perfect gift (which is a limited edition until the November election) is one of two offerings: Obama Assortment and McCain Assortment of handcrafted chocolates from Burdick Chocolate, Walpole, N.H.
You can cast your vote with Burdick Election Chocolates, stamped with a Democratic or Republican seal and tied in a patriotic commemorative ribbon.
Flavors in each assortment are drawn from the candidate’s background. Flavors of the Democratic Obama Assortment include: Hawaiian Pineapple (he was born in Hawaii), pineapple pate du fruit covered with dark chocolate; Kenyan Coffee, coffee bon bon covered with milk chocolate and sprinkled with crushed Kenyan coffee; Kansas Corn Crunch, dark chocolate crispy corn bottom with a ganache made with dark chocolate and Bourbon whisky in the shape of a half moon; and Tennessee Sour Mash, small white mousse made with cinnamon and sour mash.
The McCain Assortment features Arizona Citrus (he’s the senior senator from Arizona), dark chocolate orange-lemon ganache coated in dark chocolate; Hot Pepper Tequila, white chocolate ganache with pistachios and tequila, coated with white chocolate and sprinkled with red hot pepper; Peanut Butter, peanut butter half moons coated with milk chocolate; and Kentucky Rye, dark chocolate ganache flavored with whisky, lemon and pepper, covered in dark chocolate.
Preliminary votes have been tallied and the results (as of press time) were: Obama 10,090 boxes sold, McCain 4,420.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »