Chef-inspired Finishers feature natural cheeses, premium toppings and full customization
Produce sales in the U.S. have grown by nearly 20% over the past two years, with lettuce and potatoes making up nearly 40% of yearly vegetable sales. More Americans are viewing vegetables as a meal core, rather than simply a side dish. In response to this rapid growth and revised thinking, Sargento, Plymouth, Wis., introduces Salad Finishers and Potato Finishers — chef-inspired blends of Sargento natural cheeses and other premium toppings.
The move into the produce category is a first for Sargento and is likely to be well received by at-home chefs who are eager for new flavors and new meal ideas. The ingredients are packaged individually for customization.
Varieties of Sargento Salad Finishers include: Cheddar Chicken (grilled chicken, cheddar cheese and seasoned croutons); Cheddar Bacon (bacon crumbles, cheddar cheese and ranch croutons); Chicken Caesar (grilled chicken, parmesan cheese and caesar croutons; Bistro Chicken (grilled chicken, mozzarella, sun-dried tomato, basil and toasted almonds); and Cranberry Pecan (mozzarella and asiago cheeses, dried cranberries and toasted pecans).
Sargento Potato Finishers include: All American (white cheddar sauce with chives, cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles); Au Gratin (cheddar sauce, Monterey Jack cheese and onion-seasoned breadcrumbs); and Cheddar Broccoli (cheddar broccoli sauce, Monterey Jack cheese and bacon crumbles).
“The consumer desire for customization was a key factor in the development of our Salad and Potato Finishers,” says Chip Schuman, vice president of marketing — consumer products division. “Vegetables, especially lettuce and potatoes, provide the perfect blank slate for culinary enthusiasts to give their dishes a personal touch. We’re excited to provide quality ingredients to make that happen.”
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »