A natural cola with an extra caffeine kick
In 1984, when Austrian entrepreneur Dietrich Mateschitz came across a small energy tonic in Southeast Asia, he had a dream of launching the product to the Western World. Red Bull Energy Drink was created soon after. Mateschitz also had another idea — a premium, natural C. He even designed the packaging and kept the drawing in his safe all this time.
Twenty-fours years later, Red Bull GmbH, headquartered in Fuschl am See, Austria, introduces Red Bull Simply Cola, which contains ingredients from natural sources. It claims to be the only cola that contains both the original kola nut and the coca leaf, and it has a kick with slightly more caffeine than traditional colas.
What it lacks are preservatives, phosphoric acid and artificial flavors. Instead, it contains natural flavors from plant extracts. Ingredients include lemon/lime, clove, cinnamon, cardamom, pine, corn mint, galangal, vanilla, ginger, mace, cacao, licorice, orange and mustard seeds.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »