Butter Blend Sticks feature the cooking qualities of butter with half the cholesterol
Paramus, N.J.-based Smart Balance Inc. launches Smart Balance Butter Blend Sticks in a one-pound box. Each stick contains 50% real butter and 50% Smart Balance Buttery Spread for use in cooking, baking and serving.
Each quarter-pound stick, which makes measuring for cooking and baking easy, offers the fresh-churned flavor and cooking qualities of butter, but with 28% less saturated fat than butter and half the cholesterol, making them a better choice for health-conscious consumers.
Varieties, which carry celebrity chef Bob Greene’s Best Life Seal of Approval, include: Smart Balance Butter Blend Stick Regular; Smart Balance Butter Blend Stick Regular with Omega-3; and Smart Balance Butter Blend Stick Unsalted with Omega-3.
"The new Smart Balance Butter Blend Sticks provide the great flavor and quality of butter in a healthier form," says Greg Venner, executive vice president and chief consumer officer. "From cookies and cakes to sautéed vegetables, healthier baking and cooking has never been tastier or more convenient."
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »