Heat-and-serve pilaf sides provide a day’s worth of whole grains in 60 seconds
Kashi Co., a La Jolla, Calif.-based unit of Kellogg Co., introduces heat-and-serve Kashi Seven Whole Grain Pilaf sides. Simple to prepare, the savory side dishes are based on Kashi’s first product: Kashi Pilaf - Seven Whole Grains and Sesame. But instead of taking more than 30 minutes to prepare, each microwavable pouch provides nearly an entire day’s worth of whole grains in about 60 seconds.
Varieties include: Our Original pilaf, nothing but the natural goodness of Kashi’s heritage whole grains; Moroccan Curry pilaf, seasoned with an exotic and tantalizing blend of coconut curry, currants, lentils and a hint of ginger; and Fiery Fiesta pilaf, which pairs together a spicy fusion of roasted corn, black beans, red peppers and cilantro.
The new side dishes complement Kashi’s existing family of great tasting and all-natural foods and ensure that complete whole grain nutrition (at least 46 grams of whole grains per serving) is merely 60 seconds away. Each serving of the new Kashi Seven Whole Grain Pilaf side provides seven grams of fiber and eight grams of protein. In addition, Our Original pilaf is sodium free while the Moroccan Curry and Fiery Fiesta sides contain 45 percent less sodium (400mg sodium per cup) than the average rice side dishes.
“Kashi’s goal is to make it simple and delicious for people to enjoy foods that provide positive nutrition with a great-tasting, whole-grain eating experience,” says Sarah Lowrey Ceccarelli, brand manager and nutritionist for Kashi. “We understand people may find it difficult to incorporate whole grains into their busy days, so we made our new Kashi Seven Whole Grain Pilaf sides quick and easy to prepare. With even the most hectic of lifestyles, spicing up a lunch or dinner with all-natural whole grains is only seconds away.”
Suggested retail price is $2.49.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »