Deli Fresh line livens up brown bag lunches
As gas prices and other expenses increase, brown bagging lunch is an easy and popular way to take a bite out of inflation. According to a recent survey by the NPD Group, weekday lunches carried from home are on the rise, with adults now making 8.5 billion bagged lunches a year. Among consumers surveyed who typically brown-bag, nearly half said they do so more often, and nearly all (93 percent) cited financial reasons as their motivation.
Packing a lunch doesn't have to be bland or boring. Now, Madison, Wis.-based Oscar Mayer, a Kraft Foods brand, adds new varieties, cuts and flavors to its Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh line.
“While Americans are packing their lunches more often, they're still looking for flavorful options," says Oscar Mayer brand manager Jared Baker. "With this in mind, we've added three new innovations to our Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh line — Singles, Thick Carved and Family Size Packs — that deliver the fresh-tasting, high-quality meats consumers have come to expect from Oscar Mayer over the past 125 years with great taste, convenience and affordability."
Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Singles include: Honey Oven Roasted Turkey; Smoked Turkey; Home-Style Roasted Ham; Honey Smoked Ham and Oven Roasted Chicken. New Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Thick Carved meats include: Oven Roasted Turkey; Virginia Brand Ham and Rotisserie Chicken. Packaged in resealable containers, they're always ready when you want them. Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Shaved Family Size packs include meats with eight servings per package to feed the entire family. Packaged in resealable containers, they are available in Oven Roasted Turkey and Smoked Ham.
Suggested retail price is $2.49 for Singles, $3.99 for Thick Carved and $5.99 for Family Size.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »