Strawberry Oat Bites cereal offers a smart start to a healthy heart
When it comes to heart health, it’s about small, simple steps that add up to daily feelings of accomplishment. Battle Creek, Mich.-based Kellogg Co. rolls out Smart Start Strawberry Oat Bites cereal, an extension to its Smart Start line, which contains whole-grain oats, potassium and is low in sodium, empowering women to take charge of their heart health.
Each 1.9-ounce serving contains 200 calories (240 calories with a half cup of fat-free milk), 2.5 grams of fat, zero grams trans fat, zero milligrams of cholesterol, 130 milligrams of sodium, 42 grams of total carbohydrates, 6 grams of dietary fiber and 6 grams of protein. The cereal provides 25 percent of the DV for vitamin A, iron, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B12 and zinc; and 100 percent of the DV for vitamin E. The appearance of the cereal is reminiscent of shredded wheat, but the taste is more delicate, has a strong hint of strawberry and is a bit sweet.
“Heart health is a journey that requires a person to set their own goals and define success for themselves,” says Jennifer Garrett, Ph.D., director of nutrition marketing, Kellogg Co. “Smart Start Strawberry Oat Bites cereal is one easy step along the way to accomplishing those goals.”
Kellogg Co. also offers online tools like BMI trackers, a heart disease risk assessment quiz to help women chart their progress toward a more heart-healthy lifestyle, and healthy heart advice from Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum. www.kellogg.com/healthybeginnings
Suggested retail price for a17.5-ounce box is $3.99.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »