Pre-sliced yogurt cheese contains probiotics in every slice
Bridgewater, N.J.-based Applegate Farms debuts pre-sliced Applegate Farms Yogurt Cheese with probiotics. Each slice contains probiotics, which are beneficial micro-organisms in the form of live active cultures that have been proven to promote digestive health and improve immune function. Probiotics are believed to: increase digestive health, increase immune system functionality, decrease allergies and asthm, decrease negative digestive effects of antibiotics and help to decrease the risk of colon cancer. These "good" bacteria combined with Applegate Farms yogurt creates a cheese produced from cows not treated with rBGH and is lactose free.
Applegate Farms yogurt cheese is made from yogurt that is certified with live and active cultures, having at least 100 million bacteria per gram at the time of manufacture. The cheese contains three main probiotic strains: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidus and Lactobacillus casei. Because these active cultures are not heated after fermentation, they retain their integrity throughout the cheese-making process. Although the presence of active cultures diminishes over time, Applegate Farms Yogurt Cheese still delivers approximately one billion live active cultures after six months of shelf life.
“More and more studies are suggesting that digestive wellbeing will trump heart health as the No. 1 health concern,” says Founder/CEO Steve McDonnell. “The consumer is becoming increasingly aware of the decline in nutritional health and is constantly seeking easy and sensible ways to incorporate better foods and more nutrients in their diet. We worked hard creating a delicious probiotic option that consumers can easily incorporate into their diets and lives up to Applegate’s standards of taste, truth and trust.”
Suggested retail price is $4.99.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »