String cheese offers omega-3s on-the-go
As consumers continue to be increasingly health-conscious and functional food savvy, supermarkets respond by stocking shelves with food products that provide health benefits beyond basic nutrition to meet consumer demand. In response to dietary trends showing that Americans are not getting enough omega-3 fatty acids, foods fortified with omega-3 fats, such as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) are in high demand, especially by people interested in improving their health and well-being.
Buffalo, N.Y.-based Sorrento Lactalis introduces Sorrento+Plus String Cheese with Omega-3s. Sold under the Precious and Sorrento brand names in West and East Coast markets, respectively, the +Plus Omega-3 string cheese is made with milk containing a high level of DHA and EPA omega-3s, contains seven grams of protein and offers a portable and convenient nutritional choice that fits well with today’s health-conscious, “grab-and-go” consumer. It’s also a great option for the majority of Americans who do not eat enough omega-3 fatty acids on a regular basis and an especially welcome addition for those who are unable to enjoy fish.
“The new +Plus Omega-3 snack cheese responds to consumer demand for foods that offer nutrition, health, convenience and taste all rolled into one,” says Susan Thomas, marketing manager. “We’re responding to one of the top food attributes requested by consumers.”
Suggested retail price six individually wrapped one-ounce servings is $3.99 and $4.29 for Sorrento and Precious brand names, respectively.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »