Tangy beverage combines seven powerful, antioxidant-rich fruits
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Purple Beverage Co. Inc. introduces Purple, a beverage combining seven powerful antioxidant-rich fruits — acai berry, black cherry, pomegranate, black currant, purple plum, cranberry and blueberry.
Available at GNC and other retailers in select markets, one can drink the tangy beverage as is, make a nutritious fruit smoothie or use it as a mixer for cocktails. In fact, researchers from the USDA and Kasetsart University in Thailand found that adding alcohol to antioxidant-rich berries increases their antioxidant power.
“Since Purple made its official debut, consumers and even celebrities like legendary recording artist Chaka Khan have embraced it, skyrocketing the antioxidant-rich drink to its status as one of the most sought-after beverages in markets like New York, Los Angeles and Miami,” says CEO Ted Farnsworth.
Suggested retail price for a 10-ounce bottle is $2.99.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »