Tangy beverage combines seven powerful, antioxidant-rich fruits
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Purple Beverage Co. Inc. introduces Purple, a beverage combining seven powerful antioxidant-rich fruits — acai berry, black cherry, pomegranate, black currant, purple plum, cranberry and blueberry.
Available at GNC and other retailers in select markets, one can drink the tangy beverage as is, make a nutritious fruit smoothie or use it as a mixer for cocktails. In fact, researchers from the USDA and Kasetsart University in Thailand found that adding alcohol to antioxidant-rich berries increases their antioxidant power.
“Since Purple made its official debut, consumers and even celebrities like legendary recording artist Chaka Khan have embraced it, skyrocketing the antioxidant-rich drink to its status as one of the most sought-after beverages in markets like New York, Los Angeles and Miami,” says CEO Ted Farnsworth.
Suggested retail price for a 10-ounce bottle is $2.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »