Ore-Ida Steam n’ Mash Potatoes Ready for Mashing
Mashed potatoes, one of America’s favorite comfort foods and a must for the holidays, is now easy enough to make every day — in just 15 minutes or less, thanks to the launch of Ore-Ida Steam n’ Mash potatoes from Pittsburgh-based H.J. Heinz Co.
Taking the hassle out of making homemade mashed potatoes, the ready-to-steam potatoes are already scrubbed, peeled and chopped. Simply steam the bag of frozen potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes, pour the cooked potatoes into a bowl, add milk and butter, and mash to taste.
Steam n’ Mash potatoes are available in four varieties -- Cut Russet, Three-Cheese, Garlic Seasoned and Sweet Potatoes.
To launch the Steam n’ Mash line, Ore-Ida partners with home and food expert Sandra Lee, whose Emmy-nominated television show, “Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee,” airs on the Food Network. She offers advice and useful tips on how to make homemade foods families love, such as mashed potatoes, in a more convenient way, and launched www.ilovemashedpotatoes.com, a new web site for moms who love to mash. The site offers time-saving shortcuts and recipes, interactive polls and shopping tips for moms, downloadable Sandra Lee cooking videos and an introduction from Sandra Lee.
Suggested retail price is $3.69.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »