All-natural cottage cheese features probotics and prebiotics
More than 150 probiotic/prebiotic products were introduced in the U.S. in 2007 compared with 100 in 2006 and 40 in 2005, according to Datamonitor. The 2007 Datamonitor Functional Food & Drink Consumer Trends Report states that by 2011, Dairy is projected to lead the functional food and drink category in the U.S., surpassing soft drinks with $7.85 Billion in sales. U.S. sales of products that aid in "gut health" exceeded $600 Million in 2006, with the highest compound annual growth rate amongst functional foods that claimed health benefit. This growth is projected to continue through 2011 by a rate of 10.2 percent annually.
Jerico, N.Y.-based Friendship Dairies, a Dean Foods brand, delivers Friendship All-Natural Digestive Health Cottage Cheese with Pro-Active Nutrients in a small curd variety.
Cottage cheese, an old time favorite has a new twist, the added punch of Pro-Active Nutrients, including live (active) probiotic cultures (good-for-you bacteria) and a prebiotic fiber (oligofructose-enriched inulin) at three grams per serving that naturally boosts digestion and enhances bone health. Each half-cup serving is low in fat (two percent milkfat), delivers one billion live active probiotic (Bifidobacterium) cultures and is rich in protein (28% DV) to help build and maintain muscle tissue.
Friendship All Natural Digestive Health Cottage Cheese with Proactive Nutrients is available in 16 ounce containers.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »