Organic yerba mate drinks promote cardiac health
Sebastopol, Calif.-based Guayaki adds Pure Heart to its line of functional organic yerba mate drinks. The Pure Heart blend features invigorating organic yerba mate (mah-tay) combined with hawthorn and yarrow — which are known to promote improved cardiac performance. This heart-healthy blend is combined with organic rose hips, hibiscus, organic raspberry juice and cranberry juice to create a delicious and refreshing grab-and-go drink.
Guayaki Pure Heart contains caffeine comparable to coffee and energy drinks. The caffeine, however, is balanced by mate’s content of theobromine (the euphoriant in chocolate) and another mild stimulant named theophylline. Yerba mate is also a good source of B vitamins including pantothenic acid — the "anti-stress'' vitamin which promotes proper function of the adrenal gland. Pure Heart is a rich source of magnesium, which has been proven to ease anxiety. Many caffeine-sensitive people who drink yerba mate gain vitality and clarity of mind, but don’t experience the jitters, stomach discomfort, energy crash and headaches that are common complaints expressed by people that drink coffee and energy drinks.
Mildly sweetened with organic cane juice and containing only 50 calories per serving, Pure Heart is made with yerba mate, a nourishing ‘whole herb’ that offers adaptogenic properties, contains 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids, 11 polyphenols and saponins (phytochemicals that bolster the immune system). Unlike other functional and energy drink concoctions that feature synthetic and isolate ingredients, Guayaki follows a “whole plant - whole health” herbal tradition that unleashes the natural form of these nutrients in a way that can be easily absorbed and processed by the body.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »