Dark chocolate squares are loaded with omega-3s
Maramor Chocolates, Columbus, Ohio launches Dark Chocolate Squares with Omega-3, which provide more than 100 percent of the recommended daily dose of omega-3s in two individually wrapped portions.
The rich, dark chocolate is formulated with 70 percent cocoa for maximum antioxidant benefit. The product's purified omega-3 is micro-encapsulated, making it odorless and tasteless. The microencapsulated process means that the omega-3 will not oxidize or lose potency, which can happen to omega-3 in capsule form if it is exposed to air or not used promptly.
Omega-3 fatty acids are a natural anti-inflammatory with a myriad of health benefits. Omega-3s have been widely recognized in recent years as a health-boosting powerhouse, shown in studies to improve mood, heart health, joint problems and other conditions associated with excessive inflammation. Because our bodies don't produce omega-3s, we must consume them in our diet. The Institute of Medicine recommends at least 160 milligrams per day, yet most Americans consume only a small portion of this recommended amount.
"This is a very exciting product as it provides a sweet alternative to other omega-3 foods and supplements and can provide many healthy benefits for the body," says Joseph Maroon, M.D., Maramor advisor and author of Fish Oil, the Natural Anti-Inflammatory. "Chocolate is a particularly good food to enrich with omega-3 because it contains compounds that aid in its absorption. And dark chocolate is a natural source of antioxidants which help reduce cell damage."
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »