Natural nut snack contains five grams of protein
PepsiCo’s Frito-Lay unit, Plano, Texas, breaks new ground in the nut aisle with the debut of TrueNorth, a contemporary line of natural nut snacks that contains five grams of protein in every one-ounce serving.
TrueNorth nut snacks include: TrueNorth Nut Clusters, available in Roasted Peanut, Toasted Almond and Pecan-Almond-Peanut combined with an unexpected hint of sweetness; TrueNorth Nut Crisps, available in Roasted Peanut, Toasted Almond and Pistachio nuts baked in a thin flat texture; and TrueNorth Nut Crunchies, with an outer crunchy coating and available in Honey Wheat Peanut and Toasted Sesame Peanut.
In the process of creating the new nut snacks, the brand team found its all-consuming passion — its one “true north” — thus the name of the line.
“While consumer demand for the nut category continues to be positive, the options have been limited and uninspiring,” says Regan Ebert, vice president and general manager of Frito-Lay North America. “TrueNorth creates nut snacking options that range from reinventing the traditional to new twists that feature nuts as a crisp, which is reminiscent of a cracker.”
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »