New to the Northeast and South: Real Fruit and Whole Grain Breads and Bagels
Norwalk, Conn.-based Pepperidge Farm, a Campbell Soup Co., introduces in the Northeast and South a nutritious new line of breakfast baked goods -- Fruit & Grain breads and Fruit & Grain bagels, with no added preservatives or artificial flavors.
Baked with real fruit and whole grains, these breads and bagels are available in the following varieties: Cranberry Orange bread, Apple Pomegranate bread, Blueberry Acai bread, Cherry Pomegranate bagels and Cranberry Blueberry bagels.
According to the US Dietary Guidelines, consuming at least three, 1-oz servings of whole grains every day, as part of a healthy diet, may lower risk for chronic diseases and may help with weight maintenance. One slice of Fruit & Grain bread, a good source of calcium, contains half a serving of whole grains; one Fruit & Grain bagel contains one serving of whole grains (they are made with natural flax seed which contains alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an essential omega-3 fatty acid). For those who are watching their waistlines, each slice of bread has 100 calories or less and each bagel has 170 calories or less. Each slice of bread and each bagel in the Fruit & Grain line contains at least 3g of fiber.
Suggested retail price is $4.29.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ