Hand-crafted artisan shredded cheeses are available for home chefs
Artisan cheese is the fastest growing segment of the multi-billion dollar cheese industry, with an average of 15 percent sales growth over the past five years, and is part of a larger movement toward artisan goods across a broad category of products.
Now home cooks can embrace artisan cheese via Artisan Blends from Plymouth, Wis.-based Sargento Foods Inc. The hand-crafted artisan shredded cheeses come in six varieties: Parmesan, Parmesan & Romano, Whole Milk Mozzarella, Whole Milk Mozzarella & Provolone, Double Cheddar and Swiss Blend. They are available in three-ounce, five-ounce, eight-ounce and 10-ounce packages.
Artisan Blends tap into the skills of world-renowned artisan cheese makers who represent the most important aspect of any artisanal cheese – the artisan behind it. Their endless commitment and keen eye for detail serve as examples of their steadfast dedication to the perfect craft of making fine cheeses and their commitment to the highest standards of flavor. These artisans include: Roth Käse of Monroe, Wis., Maple Leaf Cheese, the Zanetti Family and Burnett Dairy.
“Now more than ever, consumers are gravitating towards one-of-a-kind experiences that emphasize quality over quantity,” says cheese expert and author Laura Werlin. “Artisanal cheese making is about pride, passion and tradition,” she adds “Sargento has done a fine job of choosing partners that exemplify these qualities.”
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »