Shelf-stable, microwaveable meals are ready to eat in 90 seconds
While work days are getting longer, shoppers seem to have less and less time to eat lunch. According to the Mintel report, Lunchtime Eating, 30 percent of all consumers report having less than 15 minutes for lunch on a typical weekday. In fact, 35 percent of workers sometimes skip lunch.
Created for a healthy lifestyle, Austin, Minn.-based Hormel Foods rolls out Hormel Compleats. These convenient, portable, shelf-stable, microwaveable complete meals are ready to eat in 90 seconds.
Varieties include: Beef Steak & Peppers, in a savory sauce over noodles; Home-Style Beef, with mashed potatoes and gravy; Santa Fe Style Chicken, with rice, black beans and roasted corn; and Sesame Chicken, with Oriental vegetables and pasta.
They meet USDA guidelines for a “healthy lifestyle” and have less than 320 calories, less than 10 grams of fat, less than three grams of saturated fat, zero grams of trans fats, 600mg or less of sodium and include fiber, protein and vitamins.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »