Seafood entrees offer whole grains, antioxidants, fiber and omega-3s
Whole grains, antioxidants, fiber, omega-3s — we know they're good for us and we want to reap the nutritional benefits they offer, but we don't always know how to incorporate them into convenient and tasty meals. A wealth of research has been released recently regarding the heart-healthy benefits of the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA, most commonly found in many types of seafood.
Solon, Ohio-based Nestle USA introduces four Lean Cuisine Seafood Selections entrees, which offer 65 milograms and 220 milograms of EPA and DHA combined per serving, between 40 percent and 137 percent of the 160 milograms DV for the combination. With fewer than 350 calories and eight grams of fat or less, the entrees are also an excellent source of lean protein.
The entrees include: Parmesan Crusted Fish (parmesan crusted whitefish filet topped with melted cheese with penne pasta, zucchini and yellow peppers in a light tomato and olive oil sauce with a touch of fire-roasted tomatoes); Shrimp Alfredo (shrimp with broccoli and peas in a creamy Alfredo sauce with linguini noodles); Szechuan Style Stir Fry with Shrimp (shrimp and red peppers, snap peas, carrots and baby corn over whole wheat vermicelli in a spicy Asian-style Szechuan sauce); and Tortilla Crusted Fish (tortilla crusted whitefish filet with rice, poblano peppers, roasted red peppers and corn in a sour cream sauce topped with cheese).
"USDA's MyPyramid encourages Americans to eat fish rich in omega-3s more often. Lean Cuisine Seafood Selections offer a convenient way for women to include more omega-3s into their diet," says Kristin Gibbs, director of marketing for Lean Cuisine. "We are proud to be among the first to offer such a wide variety of entrees featuring delicious seafood choices."
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »