Super-premium juices target young adults
The premium juice category continues to experience significant growth. According to IRI Scanner data, the super-premium juice category has grown more than 15 percent in dollar sales over the past four years.
In light of this increase, Chicago-based Tropicana Products Inc., a division of PepsiCo Inc., announces Tropicana Pure Valencia 100 percent orange juice, a premium juice with a premium price. It’s targeted to single men and women aged 22 to 45 who seek premium juices outside the breakfast day part. Varieties include Pure Valencia, Pure Valencia Pulp and Pure Valencia Mango.
Crafted from the top three percent of Tropicana's Florida orange harvest, Pure Valencia contains only the juice from select Valencia oranges, which are known for their deep, rich color, exceptional juiciness and succulent taste. Unlike other oranges, Valencias spend more than a year ripening on the tree, making them one of the sweetest oranges. Fewer than 15 percent of Tropicana's 400 groves qualify as potential sources for the new Pure Valencia juices.
“Our craftsmanship in creating Tropicana Pure Valencia gives consumers what they have told us they seek in a juice," says Ellie Halevy, director of marketing. "Each bottle contains the passion of an organization with a long history of making great-tasting orange juice. I say it sums up nearly 60 years worth of experience in 54 ounces."
Tropicana Pure Valencia is complemented by a line of four other premium, 100 percent pure juice flavors. They include: Raspberry Acai, Pomegranate Blueberry, Indian River Grapefruit and Peach Papaya Mango.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »