Microwaveable pasta sauces are packaged for convenience
According to a recent survey by Ragu, a brand of Englewood Cliffs, N.J.-based Unilever, 57 percent of moms said it's difficult to find a meal for their family that is both nutritious and convenient to prepare in less than 30 minutes.
Busy moms (and dads) will appreciate Ragu Fresh & Simple, a line of microwaveable pasta sauces in a pouch that are ready in only 90 seconds, faster than you can say “drive-thru.” They leave no messy pots to clean or half-empty jars in the fridge. Quick, wholesome weeknight meals are as easy as "clip it, pop it, pour it" — simply clip the corner of the pouch to vent, pop it in the microwave, pour the sauce directly onto pasta and toss out the empty package.
Varieties include: Tomato, Onion & Garlic, Traditional Tomato Basil and Garden Veggie. Like traditional Ragu sauces, Ragu Fresh & Simple pouch products are all-natural with no artificial additives or preservatives. Plus, kids still get a full serving of vegetables in every 1/2 cup of sauce without any added sugar. The Fresh & Simple sauces are also a good source of fiber and vitamins A, C and E. They contain lycopene and have no cholesterol, trans or saturated fat per serving.
"Ragu continuously seeks ways to make our products more convenient and healthy for busy families," says Donna Barker, marketing director. "We are proud to have created a product with the great taste and wholesome goodness of traditional Ragu, updated for the changing needs of today's on-the-go families."
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »