Microwaveable pasta sauces are packaged for convenience
According to a recent survey by Ragu, a brand of Englewood Cliffs, N.J.-based Unilever, 57 percent of moms said it's difficult to find a meal for their family that is both nutritious and convenient to prepare in less than 30 minutes.
Busy moms (and dads) will appreciate Ragu Fresh & Simple, a line of microwaveable pasta sauces in a pouch that are ready in only 90 seconds, faster than you can say “drive-thru.” They leave no messy pots to clean or half-empty jars in the fridge. Quick, wholesome weeknight meals are as easy as "clip it, pop it, pour it" — simply clip the corner of the pouch to vent, pop it in the microwave, pour the sauce directly onto pasta and toss out the empty package.
Varieties include: Tomato, Onion & Garlic, Traditional Tomato Basil and Garden Veggie. Like traditional Ragu sauces, Ragu Fresh & Simple pouch products are all-natural with no artificial additives or preservatives. Plus, kids still get a full serving of vegetables in every 1/2 cup of sauce without any added sugar. The Fresh & Simple sauces are also a good source of fiber and vitamins A, C and E. They contain lycopene and have no cholesterol, trans or saturated fat per serving.
"Ragu continuously seeks ways to make our products more convenient and healthy for busy families," says Donna Barker, marketing director. "We are proud to have created a product with the great taste and wholesome goodness of traditional Ragu, updated for the changing needs of today's on-the-go families."
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »