Condiments contain a symbiosis of live cultures
Zukay Live Foods, Elverson, Pa., launches the first-to-market probiotic, lacto-fermented condiments, including Ketchup, Salsas and Relishes.
They contain a symbiosis of live cultures (a probiotic mix of lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium and streptococcus thermophilus) with fresh raw ingredients in a non-dairy base. These "good" bacteria are combined with fresh vegetables and aromatic herbs. The entire Zukay line is natural with absolutely no chemicals or preservatives.
"We spent years researching and living life based on local, sustainable, live foods prepared in the same way that made our ancestors healthy and strong," says Scott Grzybek, co-founder/CEO. "Today's typical lifestyle puts beneficial intestinal flora under attack from stress, lack of sleep, processed sugar, and toxin overload. We set out to create foods that provide the body probiotics it needs by eating familiar favorites people already love."
The salsas include Hot Salsa Viva, a spicy, lively Mexican-style blend with Serrano chiles, cilantro and lime juice, and Mild Salsa Viva, a mellow, fresh tomato blend with a more "American" flavor profile. Relishes consist of Garlic Dill Relish (like a New York kosher dill) and Horseradish Dill (a lively twist for all relish and pickle lovers). And the Ketchup is a full, deep-flavor ketchup that's not too sweet and not too sour.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »