Granola bar offers one full serving of vegetables and fruits
Traverse City, Mich.-based Undercover Vegetable Co. introduces Yotta bars, a healthy snack that hides one full serving of vegetables and fruits in a naturally sweet, 120-calorie fruit and granola bar that is available in three flavors — Cherry, Orange and Apple-Cinnamon.
Created by busy working parents who struggled to get their veggie-averse families to eat better, Yotta bars pack six to nine different vegetables, such as peas, asparagus, broccoli, sweet potatoes, celery, green pepper, corn, spinach, tomatoes and parsley, into a 120-calorie fruit and granola bar.
An excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A and iron, Yotta Bars are cholesterol-free, low-fat, low-sodium and do not contain refined sugars, trans fats, dairy, soy, Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) or preservatives.
"There's a big difference between a chemical nutrition bar with ingredients you can't pronounce and the real, whole serving of veggies and fruits you get in a Yotta bar," says President Timothy Ewing.
Available at most Whole Foods/Wild Oats markets nationwide, online at Amazon.com and on QVC, suggested retail price is $1.49-$1.59 per bar.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »