Shelf-stable smoothies boost energy levels
With a staggering 93 percent of women skipping meals, it comes as no surprise the USDA reports most Americans are falling short on their daily nutritional needs — leading to lower energy levels and, over time, increased risk for chronic diseases. Experts agree simply eating smaller or light meals throughout the day can be a highly effective way of regulating energy levels, with the added benefits of burning fat calories more efficiently and regulating cholesterol levels.
Minnetonka, Minn.-based Nestle Nutrition, part of Nestle S.A., launches Boost Smoothie Nutritional Energy Drinks, a line of shelf-stable drinks.
Flavors include Strawberry, Raspberry and Peach, and with nine grams of protein, 22 vitamins and minerals and as much calcium as a glass of milk, each Smoothie offers refreshing fruit flavor with the balanced nutrition and reliable energy expected from Boost. And the portable, easy-to-open package makes grabbing-and-going easier than ever.
“Taste, nutrition and convenience don't have to be mutually exclusive," says Barbara McCartney, director of marketing at Nestle Nutrition. "With refreshing fruit flavors and portable, spill-proof packaging, these Smoothies are packed with nutrition making it easy for people to get the most out of their active day. New Boost Smoothies meet consumers' needs for new flavor options and variety among energy drinks in the nutrition aisle."
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »