Caffeine-infused chip adds a kick to the snackfood aisle
Crunch lovers, brace yourselves as Rudolph Foods Co. Inc., New York, launches Engobi, the love child of caffeine and snack chips, the market's first caffeine-infused munchie.
Engobi — code for Energy Go Bites — is available in two perky flavors: Cinnamon Surge and Lemon Lift.
According to the chip's maker, a 1.5-ounce, single-serving bag contains approximately 140mg of caffeine, roughly the same as a cup of brewed coffee and significantly more than the market's leading energy drinks.
"Engobi rockets the act of snacking to an exciting new level," says Mark Singleton, vice-president of sales. "Every sweet, delicious chip is infused with not just energy, but with fantastic flavor. The downside is that America's couch potatoes just earned a place on the endangered species list."
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »