Caffeine-infused chip adds a kick to the snackfood aisle
Crunch lovers, brace yourselves as Rudolph Foods Co. Inc., New York, launches Engobi, the love child of caffeine and snack chips, the market's first caffeine-infused munchie.
Engobi — code for Energy Go Bites — is available in two perky flavors: Cinnamon Surge and Lemon Lift.
According to the chip's maker, a 1.5-ounce, single-serving bag contains approximately 140mg of caffeine, roughly the same as a cup of brewed coffee and significantly more than the market's leading energy drinks.
"Engobi rockets the act of snacking to an exciting new level," says Mark Singleton, vice-president of sales. "Every sweet, delicious chip is infused with not just energy, but with fantastic flavor. The downside is that America's couch potatoes just earned a place on the endangered species list."
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »