Caffeine-infused chip adds a kick to the snackfood aisle
Crunch lovers, brace yourselves as Rudolph Foods Co. Inc., New York, launches Engobi, the love child of caffeine and snack chips, the market's first caffeine-infused munchie.
Engobi — code for Energy Go Bites — is available in two perky flavors: Cinnamon Surge and Lemon Lift.
According to the chip's maker, a 1.5-ounce, single-serving bag contains approximately 140mg of caffeine, roughly the same as a cup of brewed coffee and significantly more than the market's leading energy drinks.
"Engobi rockets the act of snacking to an exciting new level," says Mark Singleton, vice-president of sales. "Every sweet, delicious chip is infused with not just energy, but with fantastic flavor. The downside is that America's couch potatoes just earned a place on the endangered species list."
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »